Monday 4 February 2013

Glad to be back

All of my crafting has had to take a sudden backstep (well almost all) after I unexpectedly landed up in hospital for emergency surgery. Apart from a few minor niggles I'm now back in work mode. I did make some good use of my enforced bedrest though and have been working on some granny squares for a lovely rainbow blanket for my youngest - modelled by my own favourite blanket. Bet you can't guess why!

Although our weather has warmed after our snowy spell, it is still rather gloomy so I bought myself a bunch of daffodils to cheer me up. I had them sitting on my work table and slowly a new idea for a beading project has crept into place. Just need to do some tweaking on my design and then I can start stitching it, so watch this space for more.

Monday makes it Handmade Monday over at Handmade Harbour so do pop over there to see some other blogs by incredibly talented people. I am having some serious bead envy of the gorgeous lily jewellery by Poppy Designs.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you have been a bit poorly recently but at least you have made good use of your enforced rest. Looking forward to see your beading project :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colours of your granny squares ! Hope you feel better soon.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better - daffodils always cheer me up. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brightly coloured granny squares and daffs are a great way to perk yourself up. Have a great week.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. I'm finally over the anaesthesia fog and am slowly getting back to full strength. Just enjoying being able to craft again.

    ReplyDelete