Monday 25 February 2013

Some crafts are just not my cup of tea!

Whilst I can turn my hand to many different crafts, it would appear that cake decorating is just not my thing. I should have anticipated trouble when son no. 1 said he wanted to make his history homework model out of cake! Between the two of us we finally managed to make a motte and bailey castle, even if it doesn't look totally realistic.

I decided to cheer myself up with some crochet and mastered the pattern for a daffodil, that a friend of mine was looking for as a St David's day gift.

I'm heading over to Handmade Harbour to see what my fellow crafters have been doing this week.

7 comments:

  1. The daffodil is amazing - and the castle looks fun. And I'm sure it tasted good (the castle, not the daff) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure this cake caused a bit of a stir at school though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, what wonderful memories your cake brings back to me. My son is grown up and I wish for those wonderful days again! By the way, the cake and daffodil are both lovely!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of creating homework out of a cake. I think you did a great job. The daffodil looks lovely, perfect for St David's Day.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous daffodil, so bright and cheerful. I love the cake, just hope that my daughter doesn't get the same idea when she needs to make something for homework!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, homework out of cake. You did a brilliant job. Love the daffodil - they're my favourite spring flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well the cake got taken in today, so we will see how it impresses the teacher. My son is quite keen on making models for homework - so far we have made a tudor house, Queen Victoria, a viking boat and sword and a river! Thanks for all the compliments everyone

    ReplyDelete